It's one of the most common questions when learning another language.
People want to have results as soon as possible. But it depends on what English level would you like to obtain.
It is hard but in order to accomplish the maximum result possible in a limited time period you have to at least practice 4 the most important skills:
1. Grammar - visit good English tutor (by good I mean native
speaker or at least a person with a minimum C1
level and experience in teaching adults, not kids).
You'll have a better understanding of what is your
weaknesses and strengths and what should be
- read grammar books with exercises, so you'll have a
2. Listening - watch tv-shows (don't have time? watch youtube
videos in English);
- listen to music, (in case you understood only a few
words from the whole song, next time read lyrics
and listen while reading. So you'll practice not
only listening but and reading skills.
3. Reading - read different articles, news, books, so you'll see
how the different words are used in the sentences
and try to understand the context when not
knowing a few words;
- read, read, read and one more time read!! (by
reading you'll also increase your vocabulary).
4. Speaking. I'll divide it into 2 parts:
4.1 Vocabulary.- try to learn as many words, irregular verbs as
possible, and not only words but phrasal verbs,
idioms, the most commonly used phrases, patterns,
- retelling is also a very effective way to boost your
4.2 Practice English on an everyday basis, you can use different
English-speaking platforms and apps to chat with native
Do not be afraid to speak, ask, and make mistakes cause practice is one of the major moment while learning.